Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Synthesis Page Reading Response
Witch and Wizard by James Patterson
Feminist : Wisty
Wisty is a Feminist, because she is one of the main characters, and is Whit's sister. In the book the story is told from two perspectives, Whit and Wisty's.
Reluctant Hero : Whit and Wisty
"Wisteria Allgood," Byron said monotone like a bailiff, and pulled out an actual scroll of official-looking paper. "The New Order is taking you into custody until your trial. You are hereby accused of being a witch." My jaw dropped. "A witch? Are you nuts?" I shrieked. This proves that Wisty doesn't believe that she truly has any sort of special powers, and therefore isn't currently accepting the fact that she's a witch. "As far as I knew, I was not a wizard, and not a superhero either." This quote shows that Whit also doesn't believe that he possesses and special powers as well.
Shapeshifter : Byron
"Wisteria Allgood?" As they moved into the light, I saw two men and...Byron Swain? Byron was a kid from my high school, a year older than I, a year younger than Whit. As far as I knew, we both hated his guts. Everyone did." This quote shows that Byron is a shapeshifter, because he goes from being a normal high school student to becoming an interrogator, and imprisoning two of his classmates.
Shadow : The One Who Is The One
"Hello Allgood family," he said in a quiet, forceful tone that made me pay very close attention to every word. "I am The One Who Is The One. Perhaps you've heard of me?"... " I will make this simple for the two of you . All you have to do is renounce your former existence - your freedoms, your way of life, and your parents in particular - and you will be spared. You will not be harmed if you obey the rules. Not a hair on your heads will be touched. I promise. Renounce your former ways and your parents. That's all. Simple as apple pie." This quote shows that The One Who Is The One is truly a menace. Although he currently rules the government, he really is the main antagonist of the story. After all, he has imprisoned many children for reading certain books, listening to music etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment